BeerAdvocate (BA) is a global, grassroots network, powered by an independent community of beer enthusiasts and industry professionals who are dedicated to supporting and promoting beer.
Based in Boston, BA was founded in 1996 by the Alström Brothers, Jason & Todd, who provide the site as a free resource to:
- Wake the masses to better beer options.
- Give beer consumers a voice.
- Empower them to learn, share, and advocate.
- Rally to support the beer industry.
- Put the Respect back into Beer.
- BA remains solely owned and operated by the Bros, who in addition to providing this online resource publish BeerAdvocate magazine (the only monthly beer magazine of its kind), and organize several Beer Fests and events throughout the year.
“Respect Beer.” is their motto.